Sr. Performance Support Engineer | 25430
Job Title: Sr. Performance Support Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (Jay Street)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. Relocation assistance will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issue
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack (Application Server / Web Server)
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix
- Experience in Java
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
What you get to do in this role:
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow platform. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience in Shell Scripting or Windows Scripting
- Advanced MySQL Experience / Oracle Database experience.
- Advanced Unix/Linux System Administration or Windows Server Administration experience
- A fundamental understanding of CMDB
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Experience in Java
Experience with Splunk is a Plus. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 2 - 3 years of related experience.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.