Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing Technology | 30431
Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing for Technology
Santa Clara, CA
The scope of Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing is to drive spend excellence, standardize processes and gain insight and transparency in company spend and total cost of ownership. In this role you will be a key member of the Strategic Sourcing team, you will be the connecting link between both internal and external stakeholders.
What you get to do in this role:
- Conducts supplier analysis, evaluates potential suppliers, and support the overall supplier qualification process, develops and create sourcing plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents, evaluates and recommends purchasing and sourcing decision to management.
- Review spend analysis, assess and prioritize opportunities
- Build, drive and execute Strategic Sourcing Technology category strategy
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal results
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Drive Strategic Sourcing’s involvement in relevant purchases by promoting its value proposition across functions
- Lead transformational activities to build Strategic Sourcing organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Ability quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change
- First-class professional and interpersonal communication skills for collaboration with diverse internal and external resources and groups
- Strong leadership capabilities
- The ability to coach, mentor and develop a team that is consistent with the overall organization's culture and that emphasizes the identified mission and values of the department, while promoting employee development.
- Experience developing personal and team goals that align with organizational objectives, and in developing and implementing actionable strategies to help the team meet those targets.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to oversee simultaneously occurring projects, tasks and deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of office productivity, word-processing and various other computer-based or online website proposal software. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of RFP process and standard business practices and procedures.
- Both strategic and tactical sourcing experience
- Ability to articulate (category) strategies
- Solid judgement and ability to make good decisions
- Comfortable negotiating and networking
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Ability to work independently
- Can-do mentality
- University degree preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.