Senior Staff Software Development Engineer | 25126
Job Title: Senior Staff Software Development Engineer
Locations: San Diego, CA or Kirkland, WA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Service Engineering Core team is responsible for maintaining and evolving the command and control system that manages automations of our hosted solutions.
You will help ensure the reliability and security of the command and control instance, as well as contribute to architectural enhancements to support scale leveraging both classic data center and public cloud-based deployment models.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will identify and address barriers to reliability, security, and scale.
- You will work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement new behaviors aligned with functional requirements.
- You will explore opportunities to leverage new product capabilities and technologies to improve overall service delivery.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 12+ years experience developing and operating enterprise scale, production, web application software and infrastructure
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively with immediate and cross-functional team members
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of database principles – queries, security, data types
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.