Senior GL Accountant | 23944
Job Title: Senior GL Accountant
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: GL Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Ensuring compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Be a strategic business partners to help drive the accurate and timely reporting of key fields that drive spend accruals
- Partners with cross-functional groups to ensure spend is properly captured (via open PO accruals, etc.)
- Assist with the close process for month-end, quarter-end and year-end
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and the ability to post JE's
- Preparation of management reporting decks with the ability to provide insight into the flux analysis
- Participation in month-end close by performing a variety of accounting tasks
- Coordination of accounting matters with other departments
- Preparation of schedules for annual and quarterly reviews as required for our external auditors
- Participating in various special projects involving our enterprise accounting and reporting system
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required
- Big 4 Experience
- 5-7 years of accounting experience, preferred CPA
- Preference for candidates with working knowledge of SAP
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist;
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.