Senior Business Systems Analyst | 25843
Job title: Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (Jay Street)
In IT Customer Success Group, responsible for enabling Global Education solutions.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as liaison between IT and business functions, to help build solutions that facilitate ServiceNow to operate more effectively and efficiently. Solution focus areas include developing and supporting ServiceNow Learning Platform features and understanding of peripheral systems that drive LMS functionalities across Customers, Partners and Employees globally. Candidate will engage with various functional leaders, executive stakeholders to understand business strategies, initiatives and processes to drive the identification, implementation, and modification of business systems complying with company standards and architectural methodologies. Knowledge of sales, finance and payments is a plus.
As the IT Business Systems Analyst, you get to embark on a journey with Global Education to create and define how we deliver experiences to our customers and partners. This is a client facing role that requires strong communication skills and has the ability to build trusting relationships. This role requires strong collaboration to work cross functionally with the business, Program Management Office, Product Management, Business Intelligence Group, and various parts of the IT organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build the next generation learning experience product using ServiceNow platform to encourage individuals on their learning paths using ServiceNow
- Define broader business drivers to map business needs to process and create functional solution design. Develop future solution strategies by working closely with the business product owners and IT teams.
- Contribute and participate in reviews for architecture, design and code.
- Work closely with various Learning and Development business organizations in understanding the current state processes, potential improvements and enhancement opportunities.
- Work on advanced business systems projects and is responsible for the complex analysis and requirements definition for applications and integrations that automate business processes
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions for which applications are used, works with Business and IT cross function teams to identify and resolve business systems problems, and consults with various users to identify potential improvements
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects in LMS domain
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and vendor to drive LMS implementations
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops
- Perform gap analysis ‘as is’ vs. ‘to be’
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Key contributor in multi-functional teams, BRD review, development plans, and roadmap development
- Conduct Solution reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution aligned with business requirements
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies
- Write and review QA and UAT test scripts
- Manage UAT with end users including coordination and user acceptance signoff
- Assist in planning projects/programs and support business process redesign and IT architecture changes
- Experience with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as - Waterfall, Agile
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of functional expertise in software project implementations
- Lead cross functional teams for company wide strategic initiatives
- Experience in LRS platforms like SCORM Cloud, Brightcove and LMS is a plus
- Experience with HTML, CSS, APIs (SOAP/REST), form posts, SFTP, 1st/3rd party tracking, query strings, CMS, web authentication is a plus
- Exposure to social, mobile technologies and convergence of education onto these paradigms
- Strong knowledge of sales and finance systems a plus
- Strong knowledge of integration to payment and commerce systems including Credit Card, Digital river, etc.
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Oversee installation of system updates, upgrades, integrated tools, and other software integrated within the learning management system
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Experience leading distributed teams to design architecture and requirements for and lead development of packaged and integrated solutions
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or an education/work experience equivalent. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Knowledge or experience working with Service Now Service Management or Platform preferred.
- Experience in deploying projects using Agile general principles of satisfying the client and continually develop software.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.