Lead Engineer, Account Escalation Engineering | 31204
Job Title: Lead Engineer, Account Escalation Engineering (AEE)
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies on the planet with a rapidly expanding customer base and cutting-edge technology. The Account Escalation team seeks an Escalation Ninja to join this highly innovative organization in a senior position within the Customer Support division. As part of this you will be driving successful closure of complex technical issues via collaboration with cross functional teams using cutting-edge predictive modelling while delivering the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The AEE team is an extremely dynamic environment where fellow ninjas with deep technical expertise and creative flair come together to help customers realize the true value of our platform. Ideal candidates will be seasoned Customer Support rockstars with significant experience of working with high profile clients ready to super charge their careers or those from a technical Professional Services background looking to try their hand at something a little different.
We are looking for individuals who are able to successfully diagnose the entire technology stack, from the front-end to the back-end, to determine where to start troubleshooting an issue.
Your profile will match the following:
- Be willing to take full technical ownership of an issue or problem
- Be a born troubleshooter with significant experience of Performance Tuning web-based applications and troubleshooting the technology stack from the front-end to back-end
- Be naturally inquisitive and know how to get to the bottom of an issue
- Have the ability to interpret technical data, identify trends and resolve system bottlenecks
- Have a relentless focus on customer service alongside deep technical expertise
- Have excellent customer-facing and presentation skills
- Have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Be able to quickly establish a rapport with customers
- Have a proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
This is a highly visible and senior position within Customer Support, reporting into the Escalation Management organization.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in specific technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. This is an office-based position, with less than 10% travel required.
What we’re looking for:
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack (e.g. LAMP, LAMAR, LAMJ, JOLT, WISA), including:
- Experience working with one J2EE application server e.g. Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Working knowledge in one (or more) Relational Database technologies e.g. Oracle / MySQL / SQL Server
- Knowledge of SQL performance, SQL tuning and optimization, and understanding of Explain Plans for complex queries
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience of ServiceNow Architecture preferred but not essential as full product training will be provided
- Prior experience of Cloud/SaaS software
- Knowledge of Java JDKs and memory management, including heap dump analysis
- Fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Experience administering: Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience of Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, Fiddler, etc.
This position requires a minimum of 8 years related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
Additional note: We do not offer visa sponsorship and/or relocation sponsorship for this position. The suitable candidate should be living already in the US and eligible to work in the US. Please ensure that you meet these requirements before submitting your application.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.