Senior Technical Writer, Engineering Operations | 31329
Job title: Senior Technical Writer, Engineering Operations
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We are disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is looking for Technical/Process Writer to join our Engineering Operations group. The Engineering Operations team drives the overall health and viability of operational processes as well as implementing them into our internal systems. We are seeking a writer – and potential team lead - to produce internally facing documentation about how our processes and systems work.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create internal process and systems documentation for end users and system administrators
- Research, write, and ensure the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our internal systems
- Design and implement methods and templates for creating, storing, and serving the documentation primarily to internal users, using our existing Servicenow toolset.
- Work closely with multiple development teams and product owners in an agile environment
- Conduct peer reviews of documentation
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from internal users
- Collaborate with developers, product owners, and business stakeholders to produce and share content
- Potential to become team lead of a small group of writers
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience
- 5+ years of proven excellence authoring and editing in a technical environment
- Strong organizational, self-directed, analytical, and decision-making skills to thrive with aggressive time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written skills in English with working knowledge of HTML and Markdown.
- Ability to coach others to create highly consumable content
- Strong collaboration skills to provide feedback effectively with highly technical engineers
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, workflows, processes, programs, and products
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Experience setting up and organizing a technical knowledgebase
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Motivated, self-direction, flexibility, and the ability to drive projects forward with minimal oversight
- Comfortable facing new challenges, ambiguity, and changes in direction
- Comfortable speaking on own authority, making decisions, and influencing outcomes
- Familiarity with Engineering processes, SDLC, Defect, etc
- Familiarity with the ServiceNow product capabilities
- Up to 25% annually (when safe)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional but non-stuffy atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.