Sr Tech Support Engineer | 22238
Technical Support Engineer - User Experience
Orlando, FL, USA
This position reports
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for excellence. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Must have solid
object orientedprogramming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle.
- Linux and/or UNIX experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools: Wireshark, traceroute.
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent and has had a developer role for more than 2 years. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. Relocation assistance will be considered.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.