Technical Lead – DevOps | 24874
Technical Lead – DevOps
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
DevOps Leader needed to revolutionize ServiceNow internal delivery process for its business users and developers. In need of a candidate to develop and lead DevOps strategy to enable high-tech workforces. To drive and adopt latest DevOps products and features from ServiceNow platform. To develop internal tools to improvement productivity, quality, velocity for platform users. Requires depth and/or breadth of platform expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Opportunity to build and lead a team of architect, analyst, and developers.
This is an exceptional opportunity to transform the way a company works, create the vision and deliver on how to make work, work better for our employees.
What you get to do in this role:
- Leads process change for IT software delivery, involves team of deployment, QA and configuration management, release management, technical cutover, environments management and infrastructure automation.
- Applies DevOps thinking - i.e. brings development and IT Ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our business.
- Architects a Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application services from development through to production.
- Defines and executes a balanced management methodology that is capable of organizing a diverse collection of technical activities into a coherent workstream.
- Liaises with development, QA, release and admin teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to encourage process transparency, mutually-beneficial design and delivery practices, and a clear view of roles and responsibilities across the Deployment Pipeline.
- Provides DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our business and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling in ServiceNow application delivery environments.
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Visual Studio, Auto testing framework, ServiceNow Agile 2 and PPM, Test Management suite.
- A solid technical background, with at least 5 years’ experience in implementation work;
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage medium sized technical teams
- A good understanding of how software delivery is typically organized and the role that it plays within a large company
- Strong general knowledge of what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, IaaS and PaaS technologies etc.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- 7+ years of experience in Application Development with 5+ years in ServiceNow platform, familiar with enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation.
- Has experience delivering critical products or mission-critical services in a leadership role in either IT or development. Has a proven record of having overcome crises and difficult situations.
- Knowledge of the overall business operating models and underlying technical architecture.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business outcomes leveraging technology
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.