Director, Employee Communications & Engagement, Corporate Functions | 23616
Title: Director, Employee Communications & Engagement, Corporate Functions
Reports to: Vice President, Global Employee Communications & Engagement
Some great ideas are born in the garage. Others in a dorm room. Or over pizza and beer. Some form like the perfect wave.
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be learning, growing and striving to be the best version of yourself possible.
About this role:
In this newly created position, we are looking for an experienced communications leader to serve as a leader of ServiceNow’s growing Employee Communications & Engagement team. The successful candidate will be experienced at developing strategic employee communications plans to help drive engagement and build pride for the company’s purpose, priorities, and cultural values. A keen understanding of the different roles and value of public relations, leadership communications, and employee engagement will be essential, as well as the ability to combine these effectively as part of an integrated communications strategy. The ideal candidate will collaborate with brand and functional business partners, including the CIO, CMO, head of Corporate Strategy, to inform, inspire, and engage ServiceNow employees in making the world of work, work better for people.
What you’ll lead:
- Serve as a steward of the employee experience to help safeguard against “information overload” and “noise”, ensuring communications is always relevant and drives behavioral change.
- Partners with business leaders to develop strategic employee communications and engagement plans that drive engagement, shape culture and build connected, employee communities.
- Serve as an internal consultant to design and executive communications recommendations that drive business results.
- Develop leadership narratives and supporting content to help reinforce the company’s purpose, priorities and cultural values.
- Partner with a talented group of employee communicators, brand strategists and designers to bring ServiceNow’s purpose and culture to life.
- Design and execute employee engagement events and experiences, as well as leadership development summits.
- Constantly work to create authentic and engaging social/digital moments that help connect our leaders with global employees around the world.
- Leverage listening or evaluation tools, analyze insights, and iterate plans and leadership messaging accordingly.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communication.
- 15+ years experience leading and building diverse, high performing teams.
- Strong executive communications experience supporting corporate functions within a global organization.
- Experience designing and executing leadership narratives and supporting content strategies for socially-driven channels.
- Passion for building process and structure to support high growth and optimizing execution of day-to-day operations and deliverables.
- Extraordinary writing, storyboarding, and presentation development skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and pivoting in an ever-changing environment.
- A collaborative leader capable of building cross-functional relationships to drive change and influence business decisions; exhibits a no-job-is-too-big or small attitude.
- Creative, visual storyteller, with a passion for creating content for all channels and audiences.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Proven leadership capability and ability to lead cross-function project teams.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.