Senior Technical Support Engineer - Federal | 31547
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer - Federal
Location: Sydney, Australia
NOTE: Due to the nature of work related to this position, employee will be required to obtain a Federal Government Clearance. The minimum requirement to obtain this clearance is to be an Australia citizen.
Who we are:
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging you to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on ServiceNow Technologies. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
- The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays, on-call) as needed.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Highly experienced in their ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues with ease
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
- We value a work-life balance while also collaborating through consistent presence in the office
Nice to Haves
- Ability to read Java
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow Platform
- Fundamental understanding of Linux and/or UNIX knowledge
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell.
- Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for appropriate roles.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.