Hardware Test Manager | 25128
Job Title: Hardware Test Manager
Location: Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo. People who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
As the Hardware Test Manager you will own our server and storage test programs. Your team of Hardware Test Engineers will continuously evaluate new hardware solutions and configurations, informing next-gen designs that power the global ServiceNow cloud. Do you enjoy wringing every drop of performance out of a piece of hardware? Or stressing it until it breaks, then determining precisely how and why? If so we’d love to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Manage a small, focused team operating out of a brand new test lab at our Kirkland office.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in in test design, data gathering, data analysis and reporting. Ensure your team is always delivering complete and trustworthy results before moving on to the next project.
- Write and report on the hardware test schedule, adjusting as necessary when new projects warrant prioritization.
- Drive ongoing testing of new kernel, firmware and BIOS releases, assessing and communicating the hardware performance implications of rolling them out at scale.
- Directly work with Hardware Architects who determine which bleeding-edge technology to test next, often prior to general availability.
- Cultivate and maintain strong direct relationships with hardware manufacturers’ engineering organizations.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the hardware stack.
- Continuously improve the breadth and depth of test programs, incorporating any new tools or technologies that are suitable to task.
- 10+ years profiling and evaluating any combination of Linux server performance, database performance, and storage performance.
- 3+ years managing a team in an engineering organization.
- Experience with one or more structured programming languages (shell, python, C, etc.) required.
- Experience with industry standard benchmarking methods and tools required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- Excellent communication & skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Experience with diverse HA storage solutuions (SAN, NAS, NVMeoF, Object) desired.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field. Masters preferred.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a relaxed but professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented engineers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.