Staff Software QA Engineer | 28722
Job Title: Staff Software QA Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the IT Service Management team and get to work with developers, other QE members and product management to develop new applications for the ServiceNow platform.
As a Staff Quality Engineer, you will be a key member of the ITSM Development team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the applications team.
What you get to do in this role:
- Maintain and continuously develop existing automation test frameworks.
- Identify new areas for automation.
- Collect and report quality metrics from test execution.
- Evaluate applied approaches and strategies for automated testing and find areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with developers to design specific testing strategies for features being developed and automate them.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers.
- Generate comprehensive test plans, execute and automate them.
- Support engineering organizations in troubleshooting and/or addressing issues with applications and dev/test environments.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, Selenium, TestNG and other open-source projects
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Ability to create, execute and maintain scripts and tools for various testing frameworks
- Ability to work with many different software development teams to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- 10+ years professional experience in quality assurance or software development
- Ability to lead a team of Software engineers in test
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.