Legal Counsel | 22842
Commercial Legal Counsel - Asia
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Legal team is seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Legal Counsel level supporting enterprise sales for ServiceNow in Asia and India. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and is based in our Singapore office.
What you get to do in this role:
- Review, draft, translate and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales contracts, NDAs, SOWs and related documentation that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team with its customers in Asia and India.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to process transactions in accordance with company policy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and help manage the contract database.
- Assist in providing legal responses to requests for information, request for proposals and other customer-facing requests.
- Advise internal clients on legal and contractual issues relating to doing business in their respective jurisdictions.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, compliance issues and risk tolerance.
- Support ServiceNow regional lawyers located in other geographies.
In order to be successful in this role, you are someone who has:
- At least 5 years relevant professional legal experience, preferably as a commercial attorney in an IT or software company or at a major law firm and with experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently and independently under pressure, seek appropriate supervisory input where needed, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts.
- Membership in good standing with the Singapore or another common law jurisdiction’s bar association.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and enthusiasm will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.