Technical Support Engineer | 24746
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We are looking for a software/cloud engineer with a passion for excellence. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving issues for ServiceNow partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the customer support department and collaborating with other team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and applications. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore requires strong interpersonal skills.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Proficiency with programming using Object-Oriented (Java or C++) languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to read and write basic to intermediate database SQL queries
- Logical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with enterprise software application support
- Understanding of SQL and database concepts
- A fundamental understanding of IT Service Management or business processes such as Human Resources, Project Management, Security or Customer Relationship Management.
The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science Master’s degree or equivalent and has some support or development experience. Strong interpersonal communication skills in both written and verbal English are essential.
This role requires working schedules which could include weekends, holidays, and non-standard business hours, and involves full-time in-office collaboration.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented engineers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.