Senior Financial Analyst | 33340
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance
Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance is a critical role responsible for sophisticated financial analysis including maintaining and evolving the long-range financial model, supporting the annual budgeting process, assessment of potential strategic investments and partnerships, and other ad hoc analyses.
The role reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Finance and works with a broad cross functional team. It requires significant interaction across all levels of business and finance management, and as such, requires a person who demonstrates the ability to partner, communicate and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Support and evolve the long-term corporate model: Scenario planning, 3-statement modeling, pro forma accretion/dilution analysis, what if analysis, etc.
- Support the long-range financial planning and annual budgeting process
- Support business teams to structure, negotiate and execute on strategic partnerships and other ad hoc projects requiring rigorous financial analysis
- Build presentation materials (Senior leadership planning reviews, BoD, etc.) and support recurring and ad-hoc planning projects
- Opportunity to conduct (and learn) financial modeling and financial analysis techniques
- Work closely with systems teams to support the evolution of financial planning systems and processes, including the development of tools and models in Anaplan
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor's, Master's or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience in a corporate finance function of a major corporation or similar organization, equity research or investment banking experience
- High-level understanding of the various functions within the organization that drive the execution of the strategic plan
- Comfortable with (or willingness to learn) financial modeling, intermediate accounting concepts, GAAP vs Non-GAAP accounting, corporate finance theory and valuation methodologies
- Ability to extract, manipulate and draw insights from data from disparate systems - (SAP BPC, Anaplan, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and partnering skills, including strong communication and interpersonal abilities
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.