Legal Director, Data Security | 23941
Legal Director, Data Security
Location: Dublin, Ireland or Santa Clara, California
We are seeking an experienced and motivated attorney with 7+ years of post-qualification, practical and operational experience to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located in either Dublin, Ireland or Santa Clara, California and will report directly into the Head of Global Privacy. The position will be a key part of the Global Privacy Team and a core business partner to the IT Security and Field Security Teams, supporting key strategic cyber-security goals and targets and providing operational legal support on cyber-security processes and practices. The position involves being a key contact and liaison in the event of security investigations or incidents and providing meaningful direction and advices. This is an opportunity to play a key role on ServiceNow’s expanding legal team and work closely with key business partners to further develop and expand on our ongoing cyber-security initiatives and procedures.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide advices and guidance to various departments, especially IT Security and Field Security teams, in conjunction with the Global Privacy team and under the direction of the Head of Global Privacy.
- Assist, where relevant, in the creation and maintenance of privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes, which may also involve involvement in the carrying out of privacy and/or legal security reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- Assist in the development of the company’s privacy and cyber-security processes, practices and operating procedures keeping abreast of changes in the law in all Global territories, working in co-ordination with the Global Privacy team worldwide.
- Develop upon existing cyber-security standards, compliances and operating practices, working closely with the Compliance organization to increase certifications and attestations to support customer trust.
- Key liaison with operational teams and legal management in event of security incidents.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- LLB / JD (or other equivalent law degree) with strong academic credentials.
- 7+ years of relevant security management and/or privacy experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company.
- Substantive and demonstrated expertise in working closely with technology and security teams and managing cyber-security issues, incidents and associated notifications and escalations.
- Experience in international privacy and data protection laws and demonstrated awareness of other key stakeholders / implications arising out of cyber-security challenges.
- International experience across multiple jurisdictions desirable.
- A demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement in business critical and escalated timeframes.
- Ability to assess risk swiftly and accurately and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Ability to opine and research into further best practices and operational measures.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster and develop relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.