SWAT / Staff Database Engineer | 25045
SWAT/ Staff Database Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland (EMEA region)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer with a proven track record of troubleshooting the issues, bugs and performance of complex systems. Working with key members of our Cloud Development, Service Operations teams and Support, you will focus on supporting our platform as issues arises. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a strong background in database technologies, performance analysis, and strong troubleshooting skills. The candidate must have a passion for chasing issues of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and all our customers. In this role you will support the infrastructure by learning the platform from end to end. You will also enable peers in SRE and customer support by being highest level of support internally and externally.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience with performance and stress testing tools and approaches for driving realistic customer simulations
- 5+ years of database management and performance tuning
- 5+ years of experience supporting or testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Unix environment
- 3+ years of experience developing on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- developing and deploying mission critical software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent technical discipline, or similar work experience.
- Eagerness to learn everything about the ServiceNow Platform
- Experience with service now platform, scripting, tuning, troubleshooting is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with databases mainly Mysql (and Oracle)
- Solid understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system (admin/root level)
- Demonstrated experience leading individual projects, including scheduling and reporting
- Formal experience on a DevOps or Performance or support team is desired
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.