Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to carrying out resident activities of daily living.
• Takes and records vital signs and conditions such as weight, height and skin condition.
• Assists with details such as listing clothing and valuables, making introductions and helping with admissions and discharges.
• Assists residents in hygiene and grooming including baths, hair care, oral hygiene and skin care.
• Collects urine and stool specimens.
• Performs perineal care.
• Assists residents with feeding. Charts intake of food and fluids.
• Changes bed linens; cares for personal laundry.
• Maintains a variety of basic reports and charts residents' ADL daily; gives report to licensed personnel prior to shift change.
• Escorts patients to and from appointments or trips as needed.
• Lifts, transfers and ambulates patients by using proper lifting and resident safety techniques.
• Reports all sudden changes to licensed staff immediately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Proficient in English verbal and written communication skills. Sensitivity and understanding of the issues related to aging. Patience and tact in dealing with the elderly. Verbal communication skills to communicate with residents and staff. Basic computer skills to document into Electronic Health Records system. Participate in on-line learning. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting of at least 50 pounds.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an accredited training course for Nurse Aide certification. Current C.N.A. certification. Current CPR and First Aid certifications for Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sequoia Living will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we may consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.