Registered Nurse (RN)
SUMMARY: Renders professional nursing care to residents in their apartments, coordinates clinic and acts as assistant to physicians in the clinic.
• Administers medications according to physicians' orders.
• Provides treatment during residential visits or clinic hours as established by physicians or supervisor.
• Responds to emergency situations and expedites indicated treatment, secures follow-up assistance.
• Makes rounds with physicians and ensures that changes in treatment are handled; visits residents at their request or that of physicians to evaluate medical, emotional or nursing needs.
• Informs DNS, physician, and Administrator of any events that may necessitate medical intervention.
• Consults family members where indicated to ensure that residents' needs are met; evaluates need for permanent or transient stay in hospital.
• Coordinates physicians' schedules and assists during appointments.
• Maintains records, charts and files as required.
• Assesses need for additional help or services for residents coordinating with other departments to meet needs.
• Supervises residents in Assisted Living Unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Broad based knowledge of nursing practices and skill in dealing with geriatric residents and chronic care needs. Knowledge of medical care equipment and its use and operation. Sensitivity, understanding, patience and tact in dealing with the elderly. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds. Good verbal and written English communication skills.
Current California nursing license and qualified to practice in the state of California as an RN. Experience in nursing as would normally be obtained through a minimum of one-year nursing experience in an acute and/or geriatric setting. Preferable to have a Public Health Nurse certificate.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sequoia Living will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.