Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
SUMMARY: Provides direct and indirect resident care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and protection of residents; includes the performance of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Administers medications and treatments as directed.
- Directs Certified Nursing Assistants in performance of work.
- Maintains medical records as required.
- Provides direct care, reorders residents' medications, charts summaries and other pertinent information, communicates status during shift change, checks supplies and maintains equipment.
- Reports all sudden changes to physician immediately.
- Assists in the planning of resident care activities based upon the Care Plan.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team.
- Functions as shift Charge Nurse as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Sensitivity and understanding of issues related to aging. Patience and tact in dealing with the elderly. Judgment in order to recognize sudden changes regarding medical conditions.
Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting of at least 50 pounds.
Current valid California LVN license and Basic Life Support certification. Previous gerontological nursing experience desirable.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sequoia Living will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.