Human Resources Specialist
As a condition of employment, Sequoia requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination within 30 days from the date of hire unless an exemption applies.
You are a specialist in several areas of Human Resources. You are skilled at supporting the company's talent programs and initiatives related to hiring, branding, compensation, and total rewards, while also being an expert at reporting and policy management.
You get that our employees are your most important customers. You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA, with the option to move to a hybrid office/remote schedule after training is completed.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience with maintaining employee handbooks, creating policies
- Familiarity with Recruitment including screening, interviewing, and using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience in talent development including job descriptions, career paths
- Experience in total compensation and rewards
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge/education of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Bachelors degree or comparable work experience
Great to haves:
- Experience with iCIMS, Jobvite or UltiPro
- Knowledge of California employment laws and leaves of absence administration
What you'll do for us:
- Manage company policies including sick calls, leaves of absence and workers compensation, employee handbook, and policy creation as needed.
- Support talent development by creating job descriptions and defining career paths
- Assist VP with defining compensation philosophy; management of total compensation
- Improve company branding across new hire orientation programs, awards and recognition programs, and employee surveys.
- Take ownership of a small number of requisitions by providing full-cycle recruitment including screening, interviewing, compensation recommendations, and job offers.
- Run reports for turnover, new hire statuses, and other areas as needed.
- Serve as a backup for employee relations.
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, 12 holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – apartment rent discounts up to 40% based on tenure, fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Let you give back – up to 4 paid days off through our purpose program and a company focus on diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workplace.