Junior Property Accountant
Click here to learn more about how, as an essential business, we are supporting our candidates through the hiring processes during COVID-19.
You are open to learning and growing in the portfolio accounting world. A numbers person with strong communication skills, you enjoy juggling multiple projects and personalities. An organized, efficient planner, you are meticulous and always one step ahead of your deadlines.
You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate office in Walnut Creek, CA.
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Sense of humor
- Technology savvy
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in accounting (required)
- One to two years of full-cycle corporate accounting experience including preparation of financial statements
Great to haves:
- Proficiency creating and working with spreadsheets
What you'll do for us:
- Participate in the full-cycle accounting process for a small portfolio of west coast real estate holdings
- Prepare accurate journal entries, financial statements, and other financial reports
- Be responsible for month-end and year-end closings
- Communicate in a highly responsive manner with employees and vendors
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Let you give back – through our purpose program
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug free workplace.