Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Click here to learn more about how, as an essential business, we are supporting our candidates through the hiring processes during COVID-19.
Detail oriented and customer service focused, you are a wage and hour and benefits administration guru. You minimize risk by easily spotting mistakes or inaccuracies and fixing them quickly. You a team player who loves to multi-task and make sure everyone is paid correctly and on time. You enjoy helping others with their paychecks and benefits.
You get that our employees are your most important customers. You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA.
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Sense of humor
- ADP savvy
- Knowledge/education of advanced payroll processes and procedures, especially for hourly employees
- Understanding of wage/hour law and benefits administration
- Prior work experience with Ultipro
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, accounting, business, or related field (REQUIRED)
Great to haves:
- Experience with accounting software, reporting, bookkeeping, general ledger, and journal entries
What you'll do for us:
- Prepare, audit, review, and accurately process payroll on a semi-monthly basis and for special bonuses monthly and quarterly
- Investigate, research and resolve customer inquiries on payroll and benefits
- Assist with benefits enrollment, reconciliation, and administration, including research on best plans and options for our employees
- Partner with accounting team for timely and accurate reporting measures
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, 12 holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – apartment rent discounts up to 40% based on tenure, fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Let you give back – up to 4 paid days off through our purpose program and a company focus on diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug free workplace.