As a condition of employment, Sequoia requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination within 30 days from the date of hire unless an exemption applies.
You are a strategic leader and accounting expert. You manage the organization’s financial plans and policies while ensuring the integrity of the company’s financial information through our accounting systems. You are a collaborator who can solve problems and influence meaningful outcomes across senior levels of the business.
You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA. This has an option to be a hybrid schedule working remotely and in-office.
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with an accounting concentration (required)
- Minimum 10+ years of corporate accounting or public accounting experience
- Skilled in GAAP accounting processes and procedures, financial analysis, and problem solving
Great to haves:
- Master’s degree and/or CPA
- CPM designation a plus
- Real Estate industry experience or license a plus
- Investor relations experience
What you'll do in this position:
- Drive the accurate and thorough completion of quarterly and annual financial investor reports and valuations of investor portfolio
- Partner with the company’s Certified Public Accountant in the gathering of data to ensure the accurate and timely completion and production of all corporate and partnership income tax returns and K1 investor statements
- Oversees investor relations, ensures integrity of data in investor management system
- Manages relationships with and activities of independent auditors
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Provide financial information to board of directors
- Establish and maintain relationships with the company’s banking and lending institutions
- Maintain schedules on all loans (including inter-company, secured and unsecured)
- Provide strategic financial input used for business decisions through directing the preparation of portfolio and company valuation reports
- Provide financial analysis at investment acquisition and disposition through preparation of investor distribution schedule
- Prepare and manage corporate annual budget, including implementing expense controls as needed
- Collaborate with accounting team who prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports used for strategic planning
- Follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, 12 holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – apartment rent discounts up to 40% based on tenure, fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Encourage you to give back – up to 4 paid days off through our purpose program and a company focus on diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity
Check us out by visiting: https://www.elevatetosequoia.com/who-we-are
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workplace.
Click here to learn more about how, as an essential business, we are supporting our candidates through the hiring processes during COVID-19.