Director of Human Resources
As a condition of employment, Sequoia requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination within 45 days from the date of hire unless an exemption applies.
You are an expert in Human Resources and Recruitment. You are skilled at managing the company's talent programs and initiatives related to hiring, employment, compensation, and total rewards, while also overseeing recruitment efforts for senior level or hard-to-fill roles.
You get that our employees are your most important customers. You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA.
- 8+ years experience in Human Resources & Recruitment.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Positive attitude
- Communication and people skills
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge/education of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Bachelors degree or comparable work experience
Great to haves:
- Experience with Jobvite or UltiPro
- Knowledge of California employment laws
What you'll do for us:
- Define and implement company’s recruiting and hiring strategies, including employment branding, advertising, and candidate experience
- Build strong relationships of trust and collaboration across internal key functions and with key stakeholders
- Oversee recruiting team responsible for providing exceptional customer service to employees and responsible for hiring, retention, compensation and total rewards, home office management, and employee programs, among others
- Partner with Vice President of Human Resources and key stakeholders to develop and implement programs desirable to employees including diversity initiatives, compensation and total rewards, career wear, purpose, etc.
- Create and implement human resources policies and processes
- Design compensation, total rewards, and retention programs that align with company’s diverse culture and well-respected employment brand
- Implement company’s ATS systems and manage vendor relationships
- Manage company’s annual compensation review program
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, 12 holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – apartment rent discounts up to 40% based on tenure, fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Let you give back – up to 4 paid days off through our purpose program and a company focus on diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workplace.