Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
As a condition of employment, Sequoia requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination within 45 days from the date of hire unless an exemption applies.
You are an organized and efficient payroll administrator with exceptional communication skills who ensures employees are paid accurately and on time. You understand the importance of adhering to wage and hour laws. You are able to effectively answer questions relating to payroll and benefits while delivering an exceptional employee experience.
You are in it to win it.
We’re not just any property management company. Join us as we elevate the industry.
This position is based at our corporate headquarters in downtown Walnut Creek, CA.
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Technology savvy
- Proficiency with Ultipro, ADP, or similar system
- Understanding of wage and hour law (California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada preferred)
- At least one year of corporate work experience in a fast-paced environment as an HR generalist or payroll assistant/coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
What you’ll do for us:
- Administer the company’s timekeeping system and ensure the accuracy of time card entries while abiding by company policies and state/federal wage and hour laws
- Generate payroll and employee reports and prepare manual checks with speed and accuracy
- Assist with separation paperwork, employment verifications, and other administrative duties for the company’s payroll and benefits programs
What we’ll do for you:
- Provide a great place to work – you’ll want to show up and give your best self everyday, we promise
- Allow you to crush it – by providing you the best training programs in the industry
- Boost your wardrobe – visa gift cards to shop for work clothes at a variety of well-known retailers
- Make sure you’re covered – superior health, dental, and vision insurance and a 401(k) program/match that keeps you on track for your future
- Give you a break – paid time off for vacation, sick days, 12 holidays, and your birthday
- Reward you – apartment rent discounts up to 40% based on tenure, fun days, generous monthly perks, cash bonuses, and recognition for a job well done
- Let you give back – up to 4 personal paid days off through our purpose program and a company focus on diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity
Check us out by visiting: https://www.elevatetosequoia.com/who-we-are
Sequoia Equities is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and promotes a drug free workplace.
Click here to learn more about how, as an essential business, we are supporting our candidates through the hiring processes during COVID-19.