Sales Compensation Manager / Senior Analyst
SentinelOne was formed by an elite team of cybersecurity and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Sales Compensation Manager / Senior Analyst to report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, at the Company’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA. This position will be part of the Finance team, providing timely and accurate commission schedules, implementing our Sales Compensation tool Xactly, creating create comp plans for new hires, structuring the approval hierarchy, and maintaining relationships between various business groups.
We are a high-growth company driven to create best-in-class solutions, and we need a Sales Compensation professional eager to make an impact on a growing organization by lending expertise to all facets of Sales Compensation Plan administration. We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail and experience administering complex incentive plans. This role will collaborate across various teams and levels of management. It is a highly visible role with opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Inherit and use a complex Excel-based Sales Compensation model for analysis, and enhance or revamp this model as needed; build own models for ad-hoc analysis from scratch
- Prepare monthly commission reports, accruals, and payroll workbooks for Accounting; prepare and deliver commission statements for all global Sales employees; build process to streamline this responsibility
- Collaborate with HR and Payroll teams to process new hires, terminations and transfers; set up new hires in line with plan policies and procedures; coordinate with HR to understand new hire offers and non-standard terms, such as draws and sign-on bonuses
- Track, research, and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions including disputes and appeals; interact with the Sales organization to address inquiries regarding territory alignment, bookings allocation, and commissions
- Assist with monthly and quarterly analyses to measure performance, including variance to budget, correlation between result and payouts, and detail by individual contributor and by manager
- Oversee the creation of the annual Sales Compensation Plan and its related processes by partnering with Sales leadership and Finance; implement the Plan and its related processes
- Distribute, track, and report on the status of Plan acceptance to ensure compliance and timeliness
- Track Plan results and analyze the Plan’s effectiveness in achieving business goals/strategy; design the reporting of related metrics and KPIs; present periodic analytic dashboard to Finance management, highlighting trends and insights
- Partner with Sales Operations team to streamline processes, set-up for scalability, and improve the end-to-end commission crediting process
- Work with the Accounting team to help transition to ASC 606 and to help with other compliance or regulatory changes
- Implement Xactly, and create and build plans, rules, and formulas in our Xactly Sales Compensation tool
- Administer Xactly system set-up and monthly updates (new hires, exits, quota/rate changes, etc.), and ensure that rules align with current comp plans
- Participate in UATs for system implementations and upgrades
- Create training materials for the Sales organization to access, review, and understand the Plan and the Xactly system
- Provide world-class customer service to our Sales organization and internal customers, serving as the "go-to" resource for commission-related questions
- Support audits
- Help develop and maintain business requirements documents, internal management reports and KPIs as it relates to commissions
- At least 2-3+ years of Sales Compensation experience, background in high-tech SaaS environments a plus
- Experience with Xactly Incent, Salesforce.com, and NetSuite strongly preferred; knowledge or background with CRM or Financial systems required
- Strong Excel skills required - macros, pivot tables, complex formulas, lookup functions, nested IF statements, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated project management capabilities and experience with the administration and design of high-performance sales team compensation plans
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail; obsession with finding process improvements and efficiencies to improve workflows
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly catered lunch
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events