Information Security Engineer
WHO ARE WE?
SentinelOne is lead by an elite team of cyber security and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
ABOUT THE JOB-
Information Security Engineer provides security oversight to SentinelOne's computing and business environments. Responsibilities include ongoing hunting of potential vulnerabilities in SentinelOne’s computing and corporate environments; investigation of potential security vulnerabilities and threats as reported by SentinelOne's security tools; performing security data analytics; identifying and addressing potential data loss channels; and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
This position will report to Information Security & Compliance Manager and work closely with other IT network engineers and Cloud engineers to ensure appropriate controls are in place, and that security policies are being effectively employed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Information Security Vulnerability & Security Incident Management
- Responsible for managing, configuring and optimizing vulnerability assessment tools, as well as performing scans, researching and analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying relevant threats, recommend corrective action, summarize and report results.
- Analyze penetration test results, code scan results and engage with technology partners and business units in order to resolve identified vulnerabilities within SLAs.
- Champion, socialize and deliver workflows for addressing vulnerabilities including system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes, all in accordance with SentinelOne’s relevant policies and processes.
- Identify and resolve any false positive findings in assessment results.
- Produce metrics and report on the state of system security, threat, vulnerability and patch management.
- Design and deliver actionable Information Security dashboards and scorecards.
- Analyze data sources and recommend optimal data sources to provide relevant reporting.
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology developers and support teams.
- Recommend appropriate policy, standards, process and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Monitors and analyzes logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents affecting the enterprise including logs from SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewall and other security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years' experience in security threat and vulnerability management or equivalent knowledge
- 4+ years’ experience with vulnerability scanners, vulnerability management systems, patch management, and host-based security systems.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Understanding of various hacking methodologies
- Understanding of Information Security controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Must be well versed in operating systems such as Linux as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, firewall systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network-based scanners).
- Ability to provide quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Proactively research and examine company systems, integrations and data flows, in an ongoing effort to hunt for vulnerabilities and other security gaps.
- Collaborate with others on continuous evolution of the company’s vulnerability management program.
- Consider, suggest and assist the implementation of new information security tools.
- Innovative new analyses and interpretations of data to test and inform new initiatives and approaches.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of various written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Able and ready to lead successful completion of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events