Who are we?
SentinelOne is lead by an elite team of cyber security and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Sustaining Engineer that will work as a member of the Support team, providing Enterprise Level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to complex issues. Customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web. Personal development is a key area of focus including self-directed research into platforms and security technology, and ability to leverage end to end labs to further understanding of security landscapes.
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the Support team, providing Enterprise Level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to complex issues. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time. Personal development is a key area of focus including self-directed research into platforms and security technology, and ability to leverage end to end labs to further understanding of security landscapes.
What skills & knowledge should you bring?
- Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs.
- Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management systems.
- Actively contribute to our technical knowledge base, online community, and other technical documentation.
- Collaboration with internal teams in identifying product defects, designing solutions, and testing.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- A keen analytical mind and advanced problem solving skills coupled with a commitment to extraordinary customer experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for technology.
- Proven aptitude in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
- Proven hands on experience with object-oriented software development and debugging (Java, C#)
- Network and web troubleshooting and debugging skills; experience using Charles, Fiddler, Wireshark
- Strong working knowledge in Operating System Software (Microsoft Windows Client and Server, Mac, Linux and UNIX).
- Highly proficient in Windows OS
- Architecture (kernel/user mode/drivers/etc)
- Troubleshooting/debugging of complex issues
- Windows internals
- Managed/non-managed code differences
- Debugging tools - Sysinternals Suite, Procmon/ProcessExplorer/procdump etc, WinDbg/remote debugging, process/OS crash dump analysis etc.
- Proficient in Linux OS architecture, installation, adminstration, troubleshooting, and networking
- Working knowledge of network and system architectures such as servers, databases, load balancers, and routers.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably a BS in a science or technology) or equivalent work experience.
- Prior exposure and ability in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.