Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel
Who Are We?
SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
SentinelOne is looking for a high-energy technology lawyer to join our small but mighty team! The role requires a self-starting mindset to partner with colleagues across the globe, and to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization. We are looking for a pragmatic, smart, collaborative and professional team player who is detail-oriented, independent collaborative and resourceful, and wants to be part of a close-knit Legal and Compliance team.
This is a great opportunity for someone to accelerate an existing in-house career with a market leading company. Areas of focus include a range of commercial transactions, data privacy/security, corporate, employment, international matters, and other legal work coming our way. You will also lead compliance efforts as we work to embed legal into every aspect of the company’s operations. Over time, the role will work closely with our executive and management teams to support business expansion activities.
The ideal candidate will have law firm, in-house and SaaS legal experience and the aptitude to learn, adapt and thrive in an ever-changing, growing environment.
What Will You Do?
- Focus on the company’s framework for licensing, commercial risk profile, IP, privacy, and cybersecurity, including support of SentinelOne's contract management process and the drafting, review, and revision of contracts relating to key customers, partners, outside vendors and global initiatives.
- Provide risk mitigation advice and counsel to all areas of the company, including international offices, HR, Marketing, Finance, Account Management, Support Services, Professional Services, Engineering, Product Development/Management and all company operations.
- Legal counsel and guidance on a broad range of privacy, regulatory and legal matters. Work with our product teams and other stakeholders to ensure that our products and services are compliant with emerging global privacy laws, and with our sales team to convey our data privacy and security posture to customers.
- Support on matters related to corporate transactions and governance.
- Develop compliance programs, policies and training as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by General Counsel
What skills and experience should you bring?
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school or JD equivalent and LL.M from a leading US school, active license to practice law in a US state
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience practicing law at a law firm and in-house
- SaaS technology experience required and analytics experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines and resolve complex problems with a thorough understanding of the changing legal needs in a fast growing business environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive in a highly dynamic environment
- Outstanding communications skills with the ability to excel under pressure while maintaining a positive, pleasant attitude.
- Exhibit initiative and assertiveness in obtaining information needed
You will be joining a cutting-edge company, where you will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very best in the industry!
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous paid Company holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events