SentinelOne was formed by an elite team of cyber security and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
What are we looking for?
At SentinelOne, we know cyber security! Knowing security, we want to ensure exceptional protection to our data and the customer data we process! Our Information Security Team is looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer, to configure SIEM, log sources, to analyze suspected threats; administer various infosec systems; while coordinating and reporting on cyber incidents impacting the organization. This position includes critical duties during crisis situations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Snapshot of Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in 24x7x365 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
- Monitor, assess and/or analyze multiple security log data from various heterogeneous security devices. This includes analysis of logs from:
- End-point malware protection
- Servers and workstations
- Other security technologies and devices
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Providing analysis and trending of security events, alarms, and information from a large number of security devices.
- Taking initiative in evaluating, proposing, and deploying various detection capabilities.
- Clearly, communicate and share your analysis with members of the SOC
- Tune and troubleshoot SIEM to deliver optimal performance in high volume environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot network and security devices, various operating systems, and applications along to bring data to SIEM.
- Investigate, document and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and applicable, proven experience*
- 4+ years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Proficient in writing/developing standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
*Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate’s degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Drive innovation by analyzing and interpreting data to test and inform a new initiative or approach.
- Accountable for successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate.
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly catered lunch
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.