Sales Compensation Analyst / Senior Analyst (contractor)
SentinelOne was formed by an elite team of cybersecurity and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real-time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a temporary Sales Compensation Analyst / Senior Analyst to work with the Sales Compensation Manager and report to the Senior Director of Finance at the Company’s headquarters in Mountain View, CA. This will be a temporary contract position, to backfill our Sales Compensation Manager for 4-6 months. This position will be part of the Finance team, calculating monthly and quarterly commissions, providing timely and accurate commission statements, implementing / running our Sales Compensation tool Xactly, creating comp plans for new hires, structuring the approval hierarchy, and maintaining relationships between various business groups.
- Calculate and process monthly and quarterly commission payments, whether with an Excel-based commissions model or through the Compensation System (Xactly Incent)
- Prepare monthly commission reports, accruals, and payroll workbooks for Accounting
- Track, research, and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions including disputes and appeals; interact with the Sales organization to address inquiries regarding territory alignment, bookings allocation, and commissions
- Collaborate with HR and Payroll teams to process new hires, terminations, and transfers; set up new hires in line with plan policies and procedures; coordinate with HR to understand new hire offers and non-standard terms, such as draws and sign-on bonuses
- Assist with monthly and quarterly analyses to measure performance, including variance to budget, correlation between result and payouts, and detail by individual contributor and by manager
- Distribute, track, and report on the status of Plan acceptance to ensure compliance and timeliness
- Provide world-class customer service to our Sales organization and internal customers, serving as the "go-to" resource for commission-related questions
- Perform audits to ensure data integrity between Xactly and the plan documents
- Administer Xactly system set-up and monthly updates (new hires, exits, quota/rate changes, etc.), and ensure that rules align with current comp plans
- Support audits
- At least 2-3+ years of Sales Compensation experience, background in high-tech SaaS environments a plus
- Strong Excel modeling skills required, including ability to understand and trace complex formulas, and comfort with functions such as SUMIFS, INDEX, MATCH, VLOOKUP, CHOOSE, OFFSET, RANK, and with array formulas and pivot tables. Some familiarity with macros is useful.
- Experience with Xactly Incent, Salesforce.com, and NetSuite preferred; knowledge or background with CRM or Financial systems required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated project management capabilities and experience with the administration and design of high-performance sales team compensation plans
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail; obsession with finding process improvements and efficiencies to improve workflows
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly catered lunch
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.