Office Manager & Executive Assistant
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Office Manager/Executive Assistant. This is a highly visible role, and this person will have constant interaction with all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Additionally, they will have experience in a startup environment, excellent communication skills, and a customer service oriented attitude. This person will be an integral part of developing and driving a positive company culture. We are looking for a team player willing to roll up their sleeves and do any task!
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide reception support to all visitors, with a primary goal of ensuring a great first impression of our company.
- Select menus and place orders for catered lunches.
- Organize and maintain kitchen area, including ordering of snacks and supplies to keep the kitchen stocked.
- Maintain a tidy, welcoming, and customer-friendly office environment.
- Send and distribute mail, manage FedEx account and shipments.
- Manage (order and stock) office supplies.
- Assist employees and executives with various things like ordering business cards, scanning and routing documents, collecting signatures, etc.
- Evaluate service and cost of vendors, review invoices for accuracy, and ensure invoices are submitted for payment in a timely manner.
- Manage relationship with landlord.
- Help with execution of employee experience initiatives and activities (e.g. acknowledging birthdays, coordinating team outings, etc.).
- Assist with planning and executing events including happy hours, holiday parties, all hands, etc.
- Creatively design and implement various methods of nurturing a fun and productive environment.
- Analyze current facilities related policies and procedures, and suggest ways to improve.
- Provide similar remote support for our office in Eugene, OR.
- Strategically and proactively manage the CEO’s calendar and daily schedule.This includes overseeing and vetting a high volume of meeting requests, understanding context and the bigger picture to make sound judgment with calendaring decisions, discerning priorities between conflicting meetings, and thoughtfully and independently navigating last minute schedule changes.
- Schedule and help coordinate all details (hotel, transportation, meals, meeting/session coordination) for various internal and external offsite meetings, site visits, etc.
- Take the lead in the coordination of all hands and VP meetings, and assist with content creation as needed.
- Responsible for making travel arrangements for CEO and managing/submitting associated expenses.
What experience and knowledge should you bring?
- BA in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a high tolerance for change and pressure
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to maintain a professional business appearance and attitude at all times
- Excellent organizational skills, and an attention to detail balanced with the drive to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive tools
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies, procedures, workflows, etc.
- Experience with project management and budget tracking
- Social media savvy and creativity a huge plus!
- Office Manager experience in a startup or hyper growth environment a huge plus!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k; Health, dependent care and commuter FSAs
- Flexible time off program
- Catered lunch Monday-Thursday, breakfast on Fridays, and tons of snacks!
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Career development and cross-functional training opportunities