Sales Engineer - Strategic Sales Engineer
SentinelOne was formed by an elite team of cyber security and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time
What are we looking for?
The Strategic Solutions Architect role is a critical part of our pre-sales team. The individual will work on the largest and most complex accounts and customers in the world. This is not a day-to-day Sales Engineering role. This individual will play an instrumental role in accelerating our sales initiatives. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment and thrives on pitching the business value of a revolutionary technology to C-level executives, forensic engineers and security practitioners.
As a Strategic Solutions Architect, you will not only deal with our technology, but also educate customers and prospects on aspects of IR, SOC, Security Architecture, and SecDevOps. This may include presenting at various conferences. This role must understand the company and product strategy and be able to speak to how they map to the changing cyber landscape. This role has a large influence on product strategy to ensure current and future fit. Besides pre-sales activities this role can be assigned to strategically important company projects or initiatives.
The Strategic Solutions Architect role is paired with the sales leadership to ensure alignment to the most critical deals. The role reports to the VP of Security Strategy.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Should have an understanding of Enterprise Security Architecture and how the individual components work together at some level, including Firewalls, CASB, Endpoints, Proxies, IPAMs, etc
- Should have the ability to read and write basic scripts (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc) and leverage APIs.
- Must be able to think strategically,understand, and articulate how changes in the space impact companies, products, and POCs.
- Must be well spoken and confident in briefing prospects, analysts, and customers.
- Use concise written and oral communication skills to effectively lead business and technical presentations, demonstrations and conversations with both executives and technical audiences.
- Help ensure technical wins in the Evaluation/POC process. Currently this team has a 96% win rate.
- Team Oriented and Collaborative.
- Travel up to 50% possible
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in at least two of the following cyber security areas in an operational or consultant role;
- Incident Response
- Security Operation (SOC)
- Security Architecture and solutioning
- Security Research
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly catered lunch
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.