Big Data Group Lead
SentinelOne was founded in 2013 by an elite group of cyber-security and defense experts. In our R&D offices in TLV, we develop a next-gen endpoint and server protection SW product that uses several layers of protection, including behavioral analysis (with ML on the collected data), anti-exploitation, traps and more in order to stop zero-day attacks that other vendors simply can’t. It also provides unparalleled threat visibility at a minimum system impact.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a hands-on group lead with a strong background in big data and large-scale backend systems.
What will you do?
You will lead two to three teams in the architecture, design
You will work on the newest cloud technologies (based on AWS but not limited to it) to deliver a multi-tenancy, highly available and agile solution that is
The data ingestion challenge is to be able to process successfully more than a million events per second and expose this data lake to new applications.
The leader will be hands-on in the sense that the teams are not large, and we require someone who can challenge the architecture and the technical decisions and not only manage tasks. On the flip side, this group has a lot of interfaces within the company that require diligent management.
What experience or knowledge should you bring?
• A degree in Computer Science/Software engineering from a well-regarded university OR a comparable experience from
• At least five years of team leadership experience.
• At least seven years of hands-on experience with using object-oriented methodologies from languages such as Python/Java/Scala/C#.
• Proven experience with Backend at scale or data pipeline at scale.
• A self-driven individual who enjoys a startup culture.
• Group leadership experience.
• Broad knowledge of relevant current cloud technologies of AWS such as EMR (presto), Kinesis, SQS, lambda and concepts used to reduce costs (spot fleets, instance optimizations, etc.)
• Familiarity with machine learning, Spark and