Associate SOC Analyst
SentinelOne was formed by an elite team of cyber security and defense experts from IBM, Intel, Check Point, Cylance, McAfee, and Palo Alto Networks. SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time.
What are we looking for?
At SentinelOne, we know cyber security! We want to ensure exceptional protection to our data and the customer data we process! To help achieve these important goals, our Information Security Team is looking for an Associate Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to work out of our Eugene, OR office. Responsibilities primarily include: analyzing SIEM logs and suspected threats; administer various infosec systems; reporting and coordinating on cyber incidents impacting the organization in accordance with our Information Security Program. This position includes critical duties during crisis situations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Snapshot of Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in 24x7x365 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- Monitor, assess and/or analyze multiple security log data from various heterogeneous security devices. This includes analysis of logs from: SIEM; IDS/IPS; Firewall; Proxies; NAC; SentinelOne’s endpoint malware protection platform; servers and workstations; other security technologies and devices
- Triage events and estimate severity of emerging threat data
- Participate in Incident Response (IR) actions when analysis confirms actionable incident
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- 2+ years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of other common Internet protocols and applications
- Bachelor's degree and applicable, proven experience
- Proficient in writing/developing standard operating procedures
- Monitor SIEM and manage multiple data sources for situational awareness in a shift based SOC
- Ability and interest in learning new related practice areas
- Can-do, tam-oriented positive approach
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by embracing change and adjusting priorities or processes and approach as needs dictate
- Take responsibility for successes and failures related to individual and team-based project work assignments; actively presents suggestions for solution(s), if objectives not met
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Weekly catered lunch
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.