WANT TO MIX A GREAT WORK EXPERIENCE WITH AN AMAZING LIFE EXPERIENCE?
Seize this unique opportunity to work for Selina, one of the world’s fastest-growing lifestyle hospitality brands!
What is Selina?
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travelers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
Our internal ecosystem consists of Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Tours, Wellness, Education, Construction, Real Estate, CoWorking, Art & Design, Community Outreach, Education, Surf, Sales, Marketing, and Technology.
At Selina, every challenge is a wave desiring to be ridden and since we're all equal before a wave our team is always ready to take them and succeed. But always remember… The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun.
We offer a learning development program where you can transform your classroom knowledge and develop your skills throughout all areas in the hospitality industry.
The Mission of Preopening is to ensure all new Unit Level projects open and operate under Selina Standards to provide the complete Selina Experience.
You will achieve your mission by managing, executing and monitoring the Preopening process to ensure every new Unit Level project reaches the departmental OKRs after 90 days of opening.
As the Preopening Intern you will be reporting to the Preopening PMO to manage and monitor the delivery of the pre/soft opening process and projects. The position is an influential primary contact on resources, information and guidance that ensures preopening tasks are being executed effectively and in a timely manner.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure project targets and standards are being met per product by providing resources, guidance, purpose, direction and motivation to location-team across multiple projects.
- Assist the team in deploying, optimizing, communicating and monitoring the implementation of the Growth Tool and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Constant communication with Preopening, Operations, Commercial, Experience, Finance, Brand and HR to ensure a solid sales strategy across all projects.
- Collect data and elaborate ad-hoc periodical reports for the pre and soft opening stages of projects with traceable score/revenue results from BI, Smartsheet, KePSLA, LEDO and other platforms.
- Assist and coordinate in creating and delivering a solid location-based opening strategy along with Unit Level, Country, Regional and Global teams focusing on product portfolio: accommodation, F&B, Co-work, T&T, Surf, Wellness, retail and others according to the targets set in the Year 1 operational budget of each Unit Level project.
- Performs other pre-opening and soft-opening related tasks assigned by the Preopening PMO.
- Studying Hospitality, Project Management, Business Admin, HR Management or related.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Excel Intermediate knowledge.
- Google: Drive, Gmail, Sheets, Presentations, Calendar, Meet
- Smartsheets Elementary proficiency.
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver and decision-making.
- Able to work and collaborate in a matrix organization.
- Process and data driven.
- Being able to coordinate/lead processes and track/meet productivity to deliver in time and best quality.
- Team Player.
- Preferred previous internship or working experience (part-time jobs/ internships during high school, college, etc)
Besides the Selina ultimate learning experience... You also receive:
- Full free access to the Selina CoWork spaces, culture and wellness activities where you will connect with our unique environment and community.
- Your birthday is time off!
- Cultural events and Wellness activities at Locations
- Voluntary Activities - Selina Gives Back
- Training Sessions 24/7
- Only for Corp/ Country Team: Flextime. Remote Work 25 days/year if applicable.
- At the end of your Internship you will get 25% OFF for Accommodation for 2 years.
- No Dress Code & Pet Friendly
- F&B (2 meals/day) at Locations
- 3 Free Days Accommodation (Dorms) in any Selina
- Selina Experience:
- 70% OFF Accommodation (15 days during your Internship)
- 30% OFF Accommodation (Rest of the Internship)
- 25% OFF Friends and Family
- 20% OFF F&B and Retail