Who we are
Selina’s mission is to build a global movement where people live, travel, work and explore unique local experiences while forging meaningful connections. Built with the digital nomad in mind, Selina is disrupting the hospitality industry with a design, tech and socially-centric approach to boutique hotel and co-working developments that enable travelers to seamlessly live and work abroad.
What the role is
The VP of Design manage a team of professionals on all aspects of the global design process of complex urban hotel development projects. This includes all phases from concept to layout design, architecture, interior design, art, furniture design and creation.
What you will be doing ?
- Manage and supervise our internal departments of interior design, architecture and creative - art and furniture design and workshops.
- Design and deliver global processes for the departments under his/her management to be implemented timely and accurately in every country where we operate
- Champion the representation of our brand guidelines in every project
- Oversee the architecture process to ensure we have the right layouts according to product standards
- Design the right processes and control points to ensure all of our location FF&E is obtained through upcycling of existing materials
- Design and oversee the process to ensure we have the right level of art in every Selina worldwide and the right
- Be an advocate for our brand within communities of designers, architects and artists
- Ensure a seamless interaction between the design and execution of the projects.
- Oversee the processes and standards for existing properties maintenance/improvements.
- Ensure all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Monitors and report project activities to ensure each project phase is progressing on schedule and within prescribed financial parameters.
- Maintains a high level of communication and provides timely and accurate project documentation and reporting regarding project scope, design, budget, quality and schedule agreements.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external departments and operations teams to coordinate hotel efforts related to hotel acquisitions, dispositions, new builds and other transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 15 years experience in the design field
- Minimum of 4-6 years of development experience at the VP level in the hotel or related industry and mixed-use experience in domestic urban developments from inception to the grand opening.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams.
- Proven leadership skills needed to manage and organisation with headcount of over 100 team members
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must be able to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team orientated mindset.
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and execute on those tasks.
- Effective communication, cooperation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain a focus on both the big picture and the details.
- Must be willing to travel to various project locations on a regular basis.