The Global Intern - Social Responsibility will be responsible for supporting and catalyzing Selina’s Corporate Social Responsibility strategy at the location with a global lens. Selina’s strategy works to engage, amplify and collaborate with already existing community groups working to create long-term socio-economic and environmental impact. The GI ensures that Selina’s commitment of 2% of staff time, location spaces and leveraging of networks are activated to create a more just and sustainable communities.
The GI main programing responsibility is the execution implementation success of the Selina Gives Back Hospitality program - a practical and theoretical job training program which trains local community members in hospitality industry skills. The long-term mission of this program is to reduce unemployment in the communities in which we are located. As a GI - this person will be responsible for supporting scaling of this program to the region in which they are assigned.
GI must be a passionate advocate for positive change, have the ability to work with different people and sectors, and have an infectious commitment for social responsibility.
- Leads and implements Selina’s flagship CSR program - Selina Gives Back Hospitality Program which aims to reduce unemployment by training local residents in hospitality industry skills (4x year in location)
- Supports General Manager and public relations department in managing key strategic relationships and any real or perceived risks
- Maps community needs and creates a responsive strategy to local problems with a focus on collaborative solutions
- Creates activities and long-term partnerships with key community stakeholders
- Ensures location staff complete their quarterly commitment of 2% of time to Selina CSR initiatives
- Spearheads programming in the location that focuses on solutions and education to local socio-economic and environmental issues
- Works closely with the global csr team to build and implement capacity-building trainings and team building
- Creates and manages community relationships with local and international NGOs, local government and private-sector collaborators to amplify community efforts
- Time allocation: Program planning, coordination and implementation (50%), Staff engagement/culture (25%), Relationship development/risk management and other duties as assigned (25%)
- Other duties as assigned dependent on location needs/resources
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Sustainable Tourism and Hotel Management, Sustainable and Community Development, Environmental Management, Social Education, Sociology, Psychology, Social Justice, or other related field.
- Or 2+ years working with a non-profit, charity or public/private entity that had a community engagement component.
- English and local language fluency (written & verbal)
- 3+ months living and working in the community where Selina is located
- 3+ months experience as a volunteer or intern in a community program
- Experience with Google suite tools (gmail, google calendar, etc)
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Can work independently & set priorities
- Vision oriented
- Ability to network and negotiate
- Avid self-learner
- Experience in group facilitation/ education
- Experience with conflict mediation
- Experience with Community Organizing
- Event production
- Program coordinating