Accounts Payable Manager
Who we are:
Selina, the world’s fastest growing Millennial hospitality brand, has one simple aim – to inspire authentic and meaningful connections between locals, travelers and wider communities!
Creating unique and wonderful spaces, where people can share experiences, stories and dreams – Selina is disrupting the traditional hospitality sector with fresh buildings, cool programming and real human connections.
- Works with minimum direction managing AP team members, setting their priorities, performance goals and ensuring service standards are met to the wider business.
- Managing the processing and payment preparation cycles for: supplier invoices, staff expense claims, corporate credit cards, contributor invoices and posting of necessary journals.
- Approving payment batches through NetSuite for upload into Barclays.net.
- Ensuring all supplier balances are reconciled to supplier statements.
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments are made to suppliers.
- Continual improvement in processes and procedures to drive efficiencies and better controls.
- Looks for process improvements and efficiencies in the team’s day to day work.
- Oversees daily, weekly and month end accounts payable functions including the month end close process.
- Compiles month end reporting for distribution to senior finance managers and business representatives.
- Identification and management of potential problem accounts.
- Manages escalated disputed accounts and brings to resolution.
- Ad Hoc duties.
Accountancy qualification preferred but not essential, at least 3 years of Hospitality finance (AP) experience in a multi-site environment
- Must have strong work ethics ▪ Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proactive, conscientious and has a can do attitude.
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Has a common sense approach and is realistic and practical in their advice and ways of working.
- Previous Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable team leader experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Experience in Oracle based ERP systems
- Fluent in English and preferably in Spanish but not essential.
- Hands on and ready to perform tasks on an ad-hoc basis as required by the DoF.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- No dress-code
- Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
- Multiple online training opportunities
- Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
- Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
- Have your birthday off
- Amazing referral program with cash and global holiday packages; we know you hang out with other great people