Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travellers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
We are looking for someone who is hungry for success, determined, driven, capable, possesses an impeccable belief in themself and keen to progress and develop towards a career in accountancy and finance.
The ideal person will be calculated, someone who thinks out of the box and is able to communicate effectively with other team members, departments and HoD’s and have the ability to get the job done. A self-starter with a never say never attitude.
Who will be your team
Development Finance is a department within the global finance team. We are responsible for being a business partner to the Development Team, whilst providing key cash flow forecasts, budgets and performing accounting entries.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for all Financial matters of our development projects
- Manage budgets and variance reporting for projects
- Compile weekly payment runs; ensuring all accounting records are updated and posted timely
- File and manage all financial information per project to enable the statutory audit be performed smoothly
- Manage information flow with the Development Director
- Complete and monitor weekly cash flow budgets for all assigned projects
- Provide exception reports to senior management on non-compliance at the project level
- Cash flow management
- Maintaining the Accounts Payable register for development invoices
- Assisting with bank reconciliations
- Reconcile the project budget and purchase orders to the fiscal company books
- Prepare draw down documents for project funding
- Any other AdHoc duties as required by the Cluster Finance Director and Global Finance Team
What you need for the role
- Fluently bilingual in Portuguese and English – both verbal and written to the Business level standard
- Good knowledge of accounting (accounts payable/general ledger, financial chart of accounts, etc.)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Experience of Oracle and Hyperion a bonus