Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travelers, to work, and enjoy new adventures.
The Impact and Culture Inter is responsible for driving the Connectors (staff) Engagement Strategy in Operations by supporting, managing, monitoring and driving impact and culture strategies across Operations focused on ensuring operational excellence, staff satisfaction, innovation and social impact.
Impact & Culture Intern will support the Global Impact Manager and VP of Operations in executing the Engagement Strategy of the Culture GAME Plan (Growth, Appreciation, Measurement, Engagement). and IMPACT strategy.
- Selina Gives Back Hospitality Program, a workforce development program with a mission to decrease unemployment
- improving operational excellence and ensuring guest journey of domestic markets is leveraging Impact ROI and commitments
- GROWTH Development of learning material for team training and professional growth
- APPRECIATION: Develop communication strategies that allow employees to feel appreciated within the organization
- MEASUREMENT Measure and ensure that the team performs efficiently delivering on the organization's expectations
- ENGAGEMENT Ensuring that the team’s hearts and minds are aligned with the commitments and values of the organization
- Ensure efficacy and implementation support of Selina’s flagship CSR program - Selina Gives Back Hospitality Program
- Integrate Selina Gives Back Hospitality Program virtual into the LEDO-Selina Learning platform
- Lead Staff and participants training on the new online Hospitality program and LEDO
- Integrate all Impact Trainings in LEDO Selina Learning platform
- Developing and integration of new learning material for the Impact Department
- Ensuring and monitoring compliance with the company’s impact programs in all locations
- Learning content creation for connectors in their professional development
- Translation of Culture Material
- Updating and curating blueprint content
- Integration of content, training and learning tools into LEDO
- Programming creation to reinforce culture programs (benefits, compensation, and engagement
- Supports and motivates the company’s impact and culture.
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work, Sustainable Tourism and Hotel Management, Sustainable and Community Development, Environmental Management, Social Education, Sociology, Psychology, Social Justice, or other related fields.
- Passion and interest in volunteering social activities.
- English & Spanish/Portuguese fluency (written & verbal)
- Experience living and working in the community where Selina is located is a plus
- 3+ months experience as a volunteer or intern in a community program
- Experience with Google suite tools (gmail, google calendar, etc)
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Detail oriented
- Can work independently & set priorities
- Vision oriented
- Ability to network and negotiate
- Avid self-learner
Besides the Selina ultimate learning experience... You also receive:
- Full free access to the Selina CoWork spaces, culture and wellness activities where you will connect with our unique environment and community.
- Your birthday is time off!
- Cultural events and Wellness activities at Locations
- Voluntary Activities - Selina Gives Back
- Training Sessions 24/7
- At the end of your Internship, you will get 25% OFF for Accommodation for 2 years.
- No Dress Code & Pet-Friendly
- Selina Experience:
- 70% OFF Accommodation (15 days during your Internship)
- 30% OFF Accommodation (Rest of the Internship)
- 25% OFF Friends and Family
- 20% OFF F&B and Retail