Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
Seismic, the world’s leading provider of sales enablement tools, is on the hunt for a for a passionate and talented Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for financial reporting and providing oral and written communication with internal stakeholders and external auditors on technical accounting matters.
You are right for this role if you possess exceptional and proven technical accounting skills and are passionate about adding value to a fast pace organization through the delivery of timely, complete and accurate financial information. You are forward looking and possess the experience to build the foundation for Seismic to scale to a multi-billion dollar company. Ideally, you have recent Big Four experience, a bachelor’s degree, and you are a CPA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and material customer contracts and work with external auditors to come to resolution timely.
- Maintain accounting policies and communicate policies to finance organization and external auditors.
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and research to determine the related accounting, policy and reporting impacts.
- Prepare or review journal entries and account reconciliations for technical accounting areas.
- Prepare the Company’s financial statements and disclosures.
- Assist with accounting for stock-based compensation, M&A transactions, financing transactions, and certain other equity related areas.
- Be a trusted business partner and work closely with financial planning & analysis, general accounting, and the orders to cash team.
- Contribute to various department and organizational special projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of experience at a public accounting firm and CPA preferred.
- Proficient in researching accounting literature and summarizing findings.
- Detail-oriented, have a proactive approach and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization with varying understanding of accounting concepts.
- Ability to roll up their sleeves and contribute in the day-to-day tasks, as needed.
- Experience with ASC 606 and SaaS revenue recognition.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.