Senior Manager, Procurement
As Seismic’ s Senior Manager, Procurement, you will own the development of a world-class procurement operation from the ground up. This highly impactful role will work cross-functionally with IT, Legal, and InfoSec to support and optimize the strategic sourcing process, evaluate vendor integration and expansion projects, and develop cost management techniques. Your strategy, processes, and negotiation skills will ensure functional leaders are equipped with the knowledge to execute their purchasing needs and secure the best possible terms for Seismic. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts our cash flow and profitability.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the effort in developing a comprehensive process for sourcing, procurement, pricing, and contract negotiations in the Seismic organization.
- Set strategy, define processes, and build trust-based relationships with our functional leaders to optimize cost, terms, or other benefits in vendor contracts.
- Develop RFP plans during the vendor selection process and negotiate new and renewal agreements based on informed quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Work alongside the FP&A team to track purchasing activity and develop spend KPI's and analyses for leadership visibility.
- Provides monthly status updates on completed, in process, and scheduled activities with associated financials.
- Partner with Legal and Security during the procurement process to ensure business requirements are met at engagement onset.
- Oversee the AP team and coordinate on upcoming Purchase Requisitions and Orders through the approval process.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness amongst the finance organization; better reporting for internal stakeholders, frictionless vendor onboarding, and compliance with policies and internal controls.
- Align procurement process with a P2P system implementation and help integrate additional tooling/software to support the procurement process.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business field.
- 5+ years of progressive responsibilities in a procurement org (SaaS or technology industry preferred).
- Experience contracting with SaaS technology vendors.
- Ability to influence and partner with business colleagues throughout the organization.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the business.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate and Grapevine6. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.