Vice President, Product Operations
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in intelligent content management for Go-to-market teams. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, and T-Mobile, are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, New York, London, Paris, and Sydney, Seismic proudly employs 800+ across the globe. Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms Permira, General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Our VP, Product Operations is a key leadership role that will set the vision and define the operational practices across all R&D for Seismic reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer. This role will be responsible for leading the strategy and efforts to scale, automate, and drive operational excellence throughout the R&D organization by setting up scalable processes, tools, and frameworks.
The role requires a high energy, organized, self-motivated, resourceful individual with emotional intelligence and the ability to stay ahead of the curve, juggle multiple priorities, communicate effectively, build collaboration between cross-functional teams and leadership. The role will have the following areas of responsibility:
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Coordinate the strategic product planning, budgeting, capacity planning, and allocations processes across all product, engineering and operations areas
- Establish the framework, templates, process, and cadence to resolve tradeoffs and enable rapid data-driven strategic decision making
- Cross-functional Program Management
- Establish a culture of best practices, tools, templates, and forums to set up, monitor, track and execute various programs and initiatives
- Manage a team of PMOs partnering with product/engineering managers to drive the alignment and execution of cross-team, cross-functional workstreams
- Technical Program Management
- Build an effective TPM function across R&D -- set the vision for the team and effectively manage a high performing team of program and project managers to drive streamline execution, improve productivity, quality standards and resolve issues for the company
- Establish best in class processes and methodologies across agile development, release management, CI/CD, etc. across distributed teams
- Product Intelligence
- Set up automated systems to instrument, gather, analyze data and intelligence about the adoption, usage, feedback, and engagement of our products to continuously improve their performance and drive investments
- Define standards, key metrics, benchmarks, and review processes to drive standardization across the portfolio and establish mechanisms for PMs, designers, and engineers to incorporate in their development of next releases
- Ability to operate at strategic planning and tactical execution levels, and lead a high-performance team to execute across a portfolio of products
- Perform SWOT analysis across the organization, create recommendations for efficiency and quality, and set strategy and priorities for the PMO office
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage cross-functional projects by bringing processes that drive clarity and simplify operational practices
- Build a collaborative environment with stakeholders across product, engineering, finance, customer success, and leadership to ensure strategic objectives are met
- Consistently demonstrate executive maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas
- Exhibit leadership & executive presence, and be comfortable leading initiatives and reviews with executive stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in fast-moving, fast-changing environments
- 20+ years experience with a successful track record in program management, strategic planning, agile development processes, process definition, best practices, and communication at leading SaaS and enterprise software companies
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycles and product management best practices such as lean product management, scaled agile, scrum, kanban, CI/CD, etc.
- Understanding of DevOps culture and best practices
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and successfully complete complex programs on time and on budget
- Inspirational leader and technologist who builds diverse and inclusive teams and leads by example.
- Degree in Computer Science, other engineering discipline, or Information Systems