As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will provide leadership to one or more geographically dispersed engineering product teams. You will be an SME for teams in providing strong, hands-on, technical leadership, as well as mentorship for continued professional development. You’ll bring deep software experience and passion for coding, and we’ll expect you to be hands on in the code. You’ll participate in architectural discussions and work with peers to ensure interdependencies are addressed. With an all-hands-on-deck mentality, you’ll own delivery to ensure teams are executing and bringing value to the product, our customers, and the business.
Your dynamic workday will be far from typical. You will work closely with our DevOps team and contribute to our CI/CD pipeline. You will be seen as a technical thought-leader and share ideas to build the best-in-class microservice that wows our internal and external stakeholders with its functionality and simplicity.
Ready to disrupt? Make a Seismic shift and join our team!
Who You Are:
- An experienced software engineer with a passion for building and innovating – you stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in development
- Seen as an active contributor in the team problem-solving-process – you aren't afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner
- Your technical skills are sought after as you develop in a pragmatic and efficient manner
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership to ensure we deliver on goals for your product area
- Work closely with product management to ensure alignment of future product features and enhancements with technical requirements
- Drive product delivery through the SDLC leveraging software delivery metrics and an agile process (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban)
- Mentor engineers to ensure development best practices, code quality, and smooth software release
- Collaborate with other architects and engineering leaders to understand key dependencies of features, data schemas and data structures
- Conduct code review and ensure adherence to architectural guidelines
- Own product quality delivered to production
- Leverage modern software architectures, design patterns, and solutions to increase value of a strong platform.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience building complex enterprise software or software-as-a-service solutions required (think multi-threaded, concurrency, microservices, and cloud)
- A mindset of continuous learning and development team with proven excellence in mentoring and advising.
- Strong aptitude to create effective proofs of concepts and rapid prototypes to drive needs of a rapidly evolving business.
- A team-first, “we win together” mentality that fosters idea sharing across all levels of the team.
- Ability to solve complex problems and implement the solutions
- Strong depth of knowledge in object-oriented programming (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience software development experience for web-based products at scale
- 3+ years of enterprise software architecture
- 3+ years of managing mid-size (10-15) teams, ideally with some exposure leading offshore teams
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company and is emerging as the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers' journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world's most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution. Seismic recently achieved a billion-dollar valuation and was named to the 2019 Forbes Cloud 100.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 800 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries, including John Thompson, chairman of the board of directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.