Multimedia Instructional Designer
Supporting and enabling our customers’ success is at the heart of everything we do at Seismic. Our mission in Customer Education is to effectively communicate essential technical, process, and strategic information to the customers, employees, and partners of Seismic. We exist to drive adoption of our product platform, support the success and competence of our audiences, and contribute a key revenue stream to our organization. We deliver information in many different formats including instructor-led (ILT), virtual instructor led (VILT), video, text and images using flexible tools to quickly produce easy-to-digest modular knowledge that can be efficiently updated on an ongoing basis.
The Seismic Customer Education team is hiring a Multimedia Instructional Designer with graphic design and training experience. This person will work with our customer education team to create high quality and engaging training content following a formal instructional design process. The Multimedia Instructional Designer will use both solid instructional and visual design and written communication skills to bring together text, illustrations, video, animation, and audio to effectively serve clients’ training needs. These materials are delivered across multiple instructional delivery modalities creating high quality, scalable learning experiences enabling long term customer success.
- Collaborate on the design and development of training content, video production and animation with input from subject matter experts (SMEs), to produce sound instructional materials in accordance with program objectives and solid instructional principles.
- Responsible for creating eLearning content that is instructionally sound and engaging with the ability to translate technical material into concise eLearning modules for non-technical users.
- Develop and publish eLearning modules to a Learning Management System (LMS) or Learning Experience Platform.
- Create and edit video, audio, and animations for use in all learning formats.
- Keep abreast of continually new and/or enhanced product features and functionality and incorporate into training design and development.
- Create and refine educational content and presentations based on varying audience’s needs.
- A Degree or higher in Instructional Design, Learning, Technology & Training
- 3+ years of instructional design and development experience in web-based (e-learning), self-study and instruction led training programs, with a strong focus on software or technical training preferred
- Knowledge of relevant course delivery platforms with strong proficiency in Learning Management Systems, Articulate Storyline, Adobe eLearning Suite, TechSmith Camtasia, or other similar eLearning tools as well as experience in graphic design, including the use of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must be highly organized, flexible and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while managing competing demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact frequently with developers, product managers, customer success, marketing personnel, and management for the purpose of gaining and clarifying technical knowledge of our products.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills