What you’ll be doing:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of customer and vendor agreements including SaaS, Professional Services, software licensing, non-disclosure agreements, and other ancillary documents
- Work as part of Legal/Finance team and cross-functionally with other teams including Sales, Services, Customer Success, Marketing, and Ops
- Obtain approvals for non-standard terms and conditions and review of contract terms
- Create, improve, and implement applicable forms, processes, and procedures
- Effectively manage outside vendors and coordinate efforts across internal teams
- Manage channel partner relationships including partnership agreements and ongoing engagements
- Provide guidance to internal teams on industry best legal standards for marketing, intellectual property, licensing, etc.
- Contribute to organization and maintenance of contract repository
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum of four to five years of contracts drafting and negotiation experience at technology companies
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology related agreements
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience and communication skills
- A team-oriented style yet are able to work with little or no supervision
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with CPQ, Docusign, and other contract management and legal department management tools is a plus
- Experience working with high-growth venture funded companies a plus
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.