Senior Product Manager (Sales Enablement)
Product Managers at Seismic drive product vision and are responsible for the success of the product through all phases of the development process. Starting with the initial concept through production deployment and maintenance the Product Manager ensures new features and capabilities are easy to use and solve the business problem in the right way. To be successful in this role you will be required to understand the Seismic product in great detail, the Sales Enablement space, as well as have a deep understanding and empathy for the challenges Seismic’s customers face.
What you will be doing:
As a product manager focused on Sales Enablement, you’ll be responsible for making sure the tools and experiences necessary for Sales Enablement managers to do their jobs efficiently and effectively are top-notch. Your goal will be to deliver a comprehensive, easy to use experience while ensuring the overall plan is well thought out, clearly communicated, and aligned with your various stakeholders.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail, and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to translate uncertainty and ambiguity into clear, crisp plans
- Passionate about solving problems for customers and have the ability to define compelling products that address those needs.
- You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical matters including having an understanding of modern platforms and frameworks, APIs, as well as issues related to scalability and performance.
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and services to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- You know how to identify the most important issues, prioritize your time, and deliver results consistently.
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market/competitive analysis into product requirements
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of your products
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle with experience in Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree, CS degree, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5+ years of Product Management experience within an enterprise SaaS organization
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate and Grapevine6. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.